Saturday 30 July 2011

Hendrick's gin

I'm not big on gin, but Husband likes it, and particularly Hendrick's gin. Enjoyed with ice and a cucumber slice. And I have to admit that it's actually really tasty, hardly tastes like gin at all. This week there was a pretty little teacup in the box with the bottle, and I couldn't resist it. Hendrick's is wonderfully eccentric.

The bottle is really quite stylish, I think.
On the box there were pretty little drawings, and also some serving suggestions.


I can't wait to try these recipes out. Particularly the one that is to be made in a teapot!

3 comments:

  1. Aaahhh, I bought the exact same boxset a couple of months ago. Isn't it wonderful? I couldn't resist the teacup either. Once I got it home I promptly made the recipe in the teapot and submerged myself in a delightfully hot bath surrounded by candles. Maybe a little bit over the top but hey, it felt appropriate at the time. I only wish it had come with two teacups in order to enjoy with the friend. Thankfully Hendricks has come down in price here otherwise I may never have been able to get it but the box made me smile, as did the teacup - both of which are still sitting on display in the kitchen. When I return we can indulge in "afternoon tea" with our matching teacups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea! I love the teacup too, and want more. Did you know there is also a teapot? I believe there is a whole Hendrick's gin tea set, with a teapot and six cups.. However, judging from what I've seen online and on eBay I think it's a little over my budget..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling there might be after seeing a Hendrick's outside summer bar in some photos from the NHM. Although I didn't know for sure until getting my own teacup and matching up the styles. I want more too but just can't justify buying another set just for the teacup. Will just have to go in search of a cute wee tea set and be happy with that.

    ReplyDelete