Monday 25 June 2012

Midsummer bouquet

I went for a walk on Sunday, in the fields around our village. Just me and what must have been all of Rabbit's friends and relatives, also out for a Sunday walk. I love seeing their little white bottoms as they jump up and down when they run away. I must have looked interesting to anyone who saw me, with my sunglasses on, in my wellies and carrying an umbrella. I was, as usual, well prepared for English summer weather, and indeed I needed all of the items above in the course of my short walk. But better than the rabbits, the sunshine and the lovely rain were the beautiful flowers I found. How I wish these midsummer flowers would stick around for a little longer, they make the fields and the side of the road (and my living room) so much prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment