Saturday 23 June 2012

Midsummer



Midsummer- one of those days I wish I lived closer to the sea, and that I this evening would be sitting by a burning fire at the beach, celebrating midsummer. The British don't celebrate midsummer, the weather is pretty grey and the evenings aren't anywhere near as light as they are in Norway at this point.
But I do have strawberries and proper Norwegian vaniljesaus, so things aren't so bad after all.

Happy midsummer to you!

(Yes, I do know it's technically not today, but the celebrations take place this weekend all over Scandinavia.)

4 comments:

  1. Det var ikke mye feiring her i Rogaland heller, været var riktig ufyselig. På slike dager savner jeg Nord Norske St Hansaftener med midnattsol og bål i fjæra. Det er riktignok kjølig, for det meste, men hvis det er sol oppveier jo det en del!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg savner virkelig å være ved havet om sommeren. Innladet blir så veldig tett og klamt! Ikke lenge nå før det blir en liten ferietur til hjemlandet... :)

      Delete
  2. I think about that vanilla cream custardy stuff abnormally often. I should find some in London somewhere. Norwegian supermarket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is divine! You can actually get it in the Scandinavian café/ shop called Scandikitchen which is just off OxfordCircus, I think!

    http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete