Saturday, 16 February 2013
Things I look forward to
I love my daughter more than anything, and I really love the connection we have because of me breastfeeding her, but there are still a few things I haven't been able to do for a while, that I'm looking forward to doing again. Here are a few:
- wearing clothes that don't have convenient openings for breastfeeding.
- drinking more than half a glass of wine.
- leaving the house for a few hours on my own, without worrying about feeding when I'm gone.
- that she might learn to take a bottle of breast milk, so that I can get a bit more rest at night.
- not having to breastfeed in public. British people can sometimes be a bit awkward and weird about me getting my breast out in public to feed my baby.
- wearing pretty clothes and not worrying about getting vomit all over them (one can at least hope!)