On Sunday Husband and I drove up to visit some friends who live in a village in Oxfordshire. We drove through so many pretty little villages, some looked like they had been taken straight out of a Jane Austen drama. The trees were showing off some lovely colours; bright red, orange and yellow. I love autumn and everything that comes with it:
- go for long walks in the countryside, breathing in the fresh air.
- take a flask of coffee and drink it on a park bench whilst admiring the pretty trees.
- wrap up in warm scarves.
- hot chocolate before bedtime.
- fruit crumble with warm custard.
- a proper British pub meal, like steak pie, with a nice ale to accompany it.
- watching a good drama, like Spooks, Downton Abbey or Cranford.
- porridge for breakfast.
- rain, rain, rain. It's not so bad if you have a nice pair of wellies, or a pretty umbrella.
- plan a nice visit from some lovely friends.
- wool socks.
- foggy mornings.
What is your favourite thing in autumn?